We will optimise your spaces and make sure that you can enjoy your home. You decide the level of involvement you prefer. Whether it is only a design concept you require or a full service down to the last cushion, throw and art work.
We can advise on the best use of space and resourses for a renovation or extension project. Sourcing the best wall and floor coverings, fittings, doors, lighting and storage solutions. Negotiating with suppliers for the best prices.
Bathroom designs has to be practical. Layout is key. Our designs always include ample storage, functional lighting, underfloor heating and practicality.
Kitchens need to be extremely functional spaces. We can work with your chosen kitchen supplier to optimise your design, to ensure the best use of budget. A kitchen does not stop at cabinets, we can advise and source heating, wall and floor coverings, lighting, art and advise on suitable colour schemes, to compliment.
The initial consultation allows us to get to know each other and fully understand your individual requirements including your budget and timeline. From this consultation I will develop a project brief that will form the basis of the design work. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask me any questions so that we can get to know each other and ensure we’re the right fit! The best things you can bring to this meeting are an open mind and a willingness to discuss your likes and dislikes, your home and your lifestyle.
The Initial Consultation is without obligation or charge and will typically last between one and two hours.
Once the brief has been agreed, I will visit you again to take photographs and record accurate measurements of your space. This also gives us an opportunity to discuss any aspect of the brief that is not yet quite perfect. During this stage we might have one or more meetings, depending on the complexity of the project. This time is billable at the standard hourly rate. (£45 p/h)
-Concept Design: You will receive sketches and floor plans with the proposed design.
-Detailed Design: If applicable, you will receive visuals of fittings, window treatments, lighting, furniture and accessories, together with sample solutions for paint colours, fabrics, tiles, flooring etc. Together, all these elements will enable you to visualise the proposed scheme.
The proposed design will be followed by a meeting to discuss the proposal. (Design drawings not for construction.)
Once the final design scheme has been approved, we will agree on delivery of the design.
Some clients choose to carry out the delivery phase themselves, ordering materials, receiving quotes, obtaining their preferred subcontractors or perhaps even carrying out the work themselves.
Most clients, however, require support. We will agree on a tailored support package to suit you.
-Obtaining Suppliers and Estimates
To obtain competitive quotations including site visits from contractors such as builders, decorators, plumbers, electricians etc. for fixtures, fittings, wallpaper, flooring, paints, soft furnishings, etc. and building this into an estimated budget, will be charged at £45.00 ph.
-Supply of Materials
Arranging for the supply and delivery of materials specified in the design to site will be charged at 10% of the total cost of the goods. Because of supplier terms, it is necessary for UMOYA Design to be paid in full before the goods can be ordered.
Site visits for design clarification/consultation with owner and or construction company can be mutually agreed and arranged. This will be billed at the standard hourly rate.
UMOYA Design will be available for consultation until completion of the project.
The Small Print
1. UMOYA Design undertakes to pass on to the client any discounts or commissions received from suppliers.
2. Changes and amendments to the design after client sign off will result in additional costs. UMOYA Design will undertake to keep these costs to a minimum but will not action the change without client sign off of the additional costs.
3. The Client must make the applications for planning permission and approval under the building acts, building regulations, health and safety regulations and other statutory requirements, and applications for agreement by any others concerned with the project and whose permission is required.
4. The client is responsible for the insurance relating to their own goods.
5. The client is responsible for the registration of guarantee documents, on items or appliances.
6. As a small company, UMOYA Design is not VAT registered and this may provide a substantial saving to private clients.
7. All invoices are due for payment 14 days after delivery. In the event of non payment on time, discussions will take place with the client and potentially work will cease. Non payment after 30 days will result in a 5% surcharge per 30 days unpaid.
8. Proposed and final designs is the intellectual property of Umoya Design, until paid in full, and can as such not be executed until payment. Umoya Design shall own all intellectual property rights incl copyright of the drawings.This will include the reproduction of the design for any future or other project. Should the client decide not to continue after the production of proposed designs, a design fee of 50% of the final design fee will be payable.